Calculations consider stainless steel pipes of usual commercial diameters and schedules.
• Atmospheric or pressurized discharge
• Changing any of the process variables, all the resulting dependent variables are promptly actualized
• Typical flow velocity and recommended pipe diameter for the selected pulp type and production (t/d or sT/d) for both suction and discharge lines
• Calculations in two different systems of units – Metric and English (Imperial) – with most usual units for piping calculations
• Internal diameter of the common commercial steel pipes for different schedules (thickness)
• Calculations of both distributed and localized (valves and fittings) head losses in suction and discharge piping
• Available NPSH considering suction level, friction losses, temperature and local altitude
• Approximate required pump performance with water
• Brazilian Portuguese and English languages
Head Loss Calculations:
• Reference calculated velocities:
o If V>Vmax:
o If VmaxH/L=F*K*Vmax^a*C^b*D^g [m/100m]
o If VH/L=264*V^1.75*D^ (-1.25) [m/100m]
K’, K – numerical coefficient, constant for a given pulp
C – consistency, expressed as a percentage, oven dried [%]
s – exponent, constant for a given pulp
F – factor to correct for temperature, pipe roughness, pulp type and freeness
V – bulk velocity ]m/s]
D – pipe inside diameter [mm]
a, b, g – exponents, constant for a given pulp
* Equations, constants and factors from articles and papers published on the internet.
Pulp and Paper Pumps app has no any safety factors included in the calculations.
The application is provided without warranty of any kind, express or implied. Buyer agrees that outputs from the application will not be considered legal or professional advice.
You are allowed to use this product only within the laws of your country/region. SharewareOnSale and its staff are not responsible for any illegal activity. We did not develop this product; if you have an issue with this product, contact the developer. This product is offered "as is" without express or implied or any other type of warranty. The description of this product on this page is not a recommendation, endorsement, or review; it is a marketing description, written by the developer. The quality and performance of this product is without guarantee. Download or use at your own risk. If you don't feel comfortable with this product, then don't download it.