Theme your Android phone or tablet with this HD+ selection of vintage and modern Route 66 photos depicting the stretch through New Mexico - The Land of Enchantment, including the pre-1937 alignment loop through Santa Fe.
The idea of Route 66 is deeply ingrained in our American culture in a myriad of ways. It evokes memories of those heading west to escape the days of the Dust Bowl, or the post-WWII migration to California that led to the boom of Los Angeles. It represents uncounted family vacations out to discover new sights with destinations ranging from the Grand Canyon to Disneyland. For most, it is the simple promise of freedom on the open road.
Each stretch of Route 66 maintains a distict character that contributes to the overall lore of the road.
The New Mexico stretch contributes a distinct flavor to this lore, and represents some of the great open stretches of the road. It also contains some of the most iconic sites including the pueblos of New Mexico, the cathedrals of Santa Fe, the iconic Santa Fe Railroad stop of the Super Chief in Albuquerque, the long gone Alvarado Hotel, the neon signs of Albuquerque's motels, and the trading posts in Tucumcari and Gallup.
Additional features of this live wallpaper:
- Explore images as you change your Android phone or tablet screens left and right
- Manually change images with an up/down gesture
- Timer settings to change images automatically (every 30 minutes, every day, etc.)
- Individually adjust the display (brightness, contrast, saturation) of each image
- Enable/disable individual images for display