• A powerful search
• Bookmarks, History and Highlighting
• Complete set of medical calculators; Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator and more
• Notes and picture notes
Oxford Psychiatry Library Series
• Covers in detail not only the biological and psychological basis of schizophrenia, but also the aetiology and treatment options
• The authors are well known and highly respected
• A comprehensive pocketbook that is relevant to a range of students, trainees and specialists
Part of the Oxford Psychiatry Library of pocketbooks, this user-friendly and practical guide will outline the diagnosis, evaluation and treatment of patients with schizophrenia. Co-authored by two global experts on the management of patients with psychosis, this pocketbook will serve as a useful guide for psychiatrists, trainees, psychiatric specialist nurses, and interested general practitioners.
Schizophrenia is one of the most disabling mental illnesses and is also highly prevalent, occurring in approximately 1% of the population and affecting both men and women equally. The disorder has a typical onset of between 15 and 35 years of age and is characterised by impairments in reality, most commonly hallucinations and delusions. It is a highly complex condition and is often confused with other mental disorders such as bipolar disorder. This new edition will cover new DSM-5 diagnostic criteria and to reflect new data and include new longitudinal studies on psychiatric and medical co-morbidity, Genetic and environmental factors, new drug therapies, adherence and the role of depots, new advances in psychosocial therapies (CBT,ACT, & cognitive remediation) and includes an updated and expanded appendix.
Authors: David Castle and Peter Buckley
MedHand Mobile Libraries offers a SUBSCRIPTION FREE application without edition upgrade. Offering most trusted and well recognized medical guidelines provided by excellent publishers like Oxford University Press, McGraw-Hill, Pharmaceutical Press, Wiley, Elsevier and more.