This software along with a supported USB software defined radio turns your Android device to a portable weather radio.
* Listen to weather radio in the US/Canada.
* Decode EAS Alerts US/Canada
* Selectable Pre-defined Frequencies
* Alert Notifications
* Widget to display alerts
* Option to unmute audio when alert recieved
* FIPS and CLC Location Code Databases
* Event Code Database
* No internet connection required
Possible future features
* Switch to using rtl_tcp_andro
* Option to only show alerts if you are currently in the affected region
* Affected region map
Since this is open source, there is and will be no difference between the Play Store version and the version in git. Please consider the Play Store version as a way to show appreciation and to help continue its development. Information on obtaining the source and building can be found on its web site. http://sdrweather.thecongers.org
* A supported rtl_sdr device, see (http://sdr.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/rtl-sdr)
* USB OTG cable
* Android device that supports USB OTG
* root access
* Full BusyBox install
rtl_fm from rtl-sdr to demodulate and control the software defined radio.
multimonNG to decode EAS alerts
libusb used by rtl_fm
Tested on Nexus5/7 with E4000 and R820T dongles.