- Access 6 lectures & 3 hours of content 24/7
- Write programs to display output messages & prompt for input
- Use variables to store information
- Create programs that make decisions
- Design programs to repeat a sequence of operations
Operating systems are the backbone of any computer device, from laptops to smartphones. As such, it is essential for any aspiring programmer to understand how operating systems work, which is exactly what this course aims to do. Over these six hours, you’ll discuss the various functions of operating systems and the interrelationships of those functions. Plus, you’ll receive a companion textbook to get more detailed info whenever you need it.
- Access 17 lectures & 6 hours of content 24/7
- Explain the overall objectives & structure of any modern operating system
- Identify differences & similarities between operating systems
- Describe how the functions within an operating system work together
- Understand the causes of many operating system crashes & errors
- Choose which operating system best suits individual situations
Believe it or not, every time you use Google, Facebook, or any other major website, you’re talking to servers that are running Linux. This software is becoming more and more prominent in operating hardware like desktops and laptops, mobile devices, networking equipment, planes, and much more. As such, the demand for Linux-savvy administrators is at an all time high. This hands-on course will teach you the basics of Linux V7 using Red Hat Linux, preparing you to sit for the Certified System Administrator exam given by Red Hat.
- Access 29 lectures & 7 hours of content 24/7
- Describe the basics of Linux & Linux installation
- Use the basic to advanced file system
- Work w/ users & groups, & program the bash shell
- Use the vi editor & various text processing tools like awk & sed
- Find things, processes, & network applications
Learn how to administer a complete Linux V7 system in this hands-on course. You’ll learn how to install Linux V7, handle system initialization, work with disk partitions, and manage packages, users and groups. Plus, you’ll dive into more advanced concepts like the Linux kernel, the X Windows system, and learn to troubleshoot.
- Access 24 lectures & 6 hours of content 24/7
- Install Linux V7 w/ a non-standard disk portioning scheme
- Create new disk partitions, format them, & mount/unmount them
- Perform package management w/ rpm & yum
- Discuss PAM & remote authentication, Red Hat Linux networking, & the X Windows system
- Upon completing Linux v7 System Administration and the Linux v7 Essentials, you will be prepared to take the Certified System Administrator exam given by Red Hat (EX200)
- Explain & implement quotas
- Work w/ Linux processes & describe the Linux kernel
Knowing how to administer a Linux system in one environment is great, but this course will help you learn how to apply Linux to embedded computing devices, in a cross-development environment. Over this example-driven course, you’ll learn how to use the Eclipse IDE, run and debug applications on an embedded target, work with network applications, and much more. By course’s end, you’ll know how to configure and run a multi-tiered, complex Linux environment.
- Access 17 lectures & 6 hours of content 24/7
- Set up a cross development environment on a Linux workstation
- Create, build, & debug applications on a target board using the Eclipse IDE
- Write multi-threaded & networked applications
- Configure & build the Linux kernel
- Install & boot the application in product form
The Linux kernel handles process control, networking, access to peripherals, and file systems in Linux. In many ways, it’s the lifeblood. In this course, you’ll become a master Linux programmer at the device driver level, exploring how device drivers interact with the kernel. Using hands-on lab exercises, you’ll get a complete education of working with the kernel so you can soon operate a Linux system professionally.
- Access 19 lectures & 6 hours of content 24/7
- Create & build kernel loadable modules
- Describe the four types of devices & their properties
- Debug kernel-level code
You are allowed to use this product only within the laws of your country/region. SharewareOnSale and its staff are not responsible for any illegal activity. We did not develop this product; if you have an issue with this product, contact the developer. This product is offered "as is" without express or implied or any other type of warranty. The description of this product on this page is not a recommendation, endorsement, or review; it is a marketing description, written by the developer. The quality and performance of this product is without guarantee. Download or use at your own risk. If you don't feel comfortable with this product, then don't download it.