The countless different activities in the FRIENDS game reinforces many different aspects of the FRIENDS program as you can see listed below:
- Helps identify facial expressions with emotions using the "Emotion Match Game"
- Helps identify vocal expressions with emotions using the "Watermelon Game"
- Teaches children about nurturing and what a tree needs to grow which helps them develop empathy towards nature and identify their own needs to be healthy and strong.
- Asks children to draw and express helping to reiterate lessons about feelings
- Encourages children to have a break from the device and move around
- Interactively shows children the concept of "Milkshake Breathing"
- Helps children identify "Body Clues" with the "Body Clue Match Game"
- Helps children get in touch with their bodies and relaxation by playing the "Robots, Jellyfish, Towers game"
- Encourages children to move around while playing the "Robots, Jellyfish, Towers game"
I Can Try
- Encourages awareness and helps children get in touch with their senses and surroundings
- Helps children to identify "Red and Green thoughts" using the "Red & Green Thought game"
- Reinforces body clue concepts from earlier in the game through the "Red & Green Thought game"
- Encourages children to take small steps using fun examples
- Children can learn and practice step plans using the "Step Plan Game"
Now Reward Yourself
- Expands on the "Step Plan Game" and encourages children to choose rewards after each step
- Encourages children to reward themselves for trying their best and completing a step
- Encourages children to think of rewards that they would like for trying their best
Do it Everyday
- Encourages children to practice FRIENDS skills everyday
- Enforces and revises concepts from the FRIENDS program
- Reminds children to smile, stay strong and look to their support networks
- Encourages children to identify who is in their support network and who makes them feel good
- Text to speech allows children who are too young to read or children with reading difficulties to use the App.
- Regular intervals of Drawing, Voice recognition and Moving around help the Game move away from the usual "App Paradigm" and help children learn and interact in a variety of different ways.
- Offers the ability to go back and do "Favourite Games" once complete, in particular "Robots Jellyfish and Towers" can be played by the whole family. This allows the app to become a tool in helping families to practice the FRIENDS program every day.
For more information about the FRIENDS programs that this game is based on please visit http://pathwayshrc.com.au and http://friendsprograms.com.
You are allowed to use this product only within the laws of your country/region. SharewareOnSale and its staff are not responsible for any illegal activity. We did not develop this product; if you have an issue with this product, contact the developer. This product is offered "as is" without express or implied or any other type of warranty. The description of this product on this page is not a recommendation, endorsement, or review; it is a marketing description, written by the developer. The quality and performance of this product is without guarantee. Download or use at your own risk. If you don't feel comfortable with this product, then don't download it.