Run ultrafast Amiga Workbench on your phone or tablet - now with JIT and Touchscreen support. The app uses AmiKit, the unique compilation of 350+ Amiga programs, waiting for you to explore!
SEE REQUIREMENTS BEFORE DOWNLOAD! You do need:
- Amiga OS - version 3.5 or 3.9 or XL or Amiga Forever: http://bit.ly/buyamigaforever
- Amiga Kickstart ROM 3.1 file - also included with Amiga Forever or in Amiga Forever Essentials available on Google Play: http://bit.ly/AF-Essentials
- a phone with ARM compatible CPU (not x86)
PDF INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS at http://file.amiga.sk/amikit/doc/8/android/AmiKit_for_Android.pdf
COPYING FILES INTO PLACE
1) First, the application will download the latest AmiKit hardfile (a virtual harddisk) to android/data/sk.amiga.amikit.arm/files folder of your device automatically.
2) You will need Amiga Kickstart ROM 3.1 file to run the emulator. Either install the Amiga Forever Essentials from Google Play OR copy the ROM to android/data/sk.amiga.amikit.arm/files/ROMs folder manually (see PDF for details).
3) You will need Amiga OS files. If you have OS3.9 CD, copy its entire content (including Disk.info file) to the AmigaOS3.9 subfolder of android/data/sk.amiga.amikit.arm/files folder. If you have different CD, copy its entire content to the corresponding subfolder („Amiga Forever“ or “AmigaOS XL“ or “AmigaOS3.5“).
Regarding Amiga Forever, installed it on your computer first, then locate the folder containing C, Classes, Devs... etc. including Disk.info file, and copy its entire content to your phone to the following folder: android/data/sk.amiga.amikit.arm/files/AmigaForever
You can pack the content of the folder (or CD) to a ZIP file (audio and video folders of AmigaOS3.9 CD are not necessary), upload the archive to your GoogleDrive or Dropbox and then use Total Commander with GoogleDrivePlugin or DropboxPlugin to download and unpack the archive to the corresponding folder of your phone.
AmiKit should be ready to use now!
NOTE: To make WHDLoad games work, copy the ROM 3.1 file (in Amiga Forever package it’s named ”amiga-os-310.rom”) to AmiKit:Devs/Kickstarts folder and name it “kick40068.A4000”. Also copy ROM 1.3 file (”amiga-os-130.rom”) to the same location and name it ”kick34005.A500”. Also copy the “rom.key” file there too if you have one. However, it has to be done in AmiKit itself as the hardfile isn’t accessible from Android.
To configure E-UAE press BACK or MENU key and the settings window will appear (or it appears automatically if something goes wrong during startup). You can also configure E-UAE manually by editing uaeconfig.uae file via any text editor. It’s located in android/data/sk.amiga.amikit.arm/files/conf folder (make sure the hidden files are shown).
Btw. activating the Sockets Library will cause the app to request root permissions (on rooted devices).
Press „Change device configuration“ button on app start to access SDL-settings where you can setup On-Screen, Mouse, Video-settings and much more.
For games we recommend to enable joystick and fire button (“On-screen” -> “Remap on-screen controls”).
If you want use a mouse instead of touchscreen, make the following changes:
1) when the app starts, click the "Change device configuration" button, then Mouse emulation -> Advanced features -> and enable Relative mouse movement (laptop mode)
2) then launch the emulation and press Back button to invoke Settings. Click Input and disable Mousehack and click reset button to restart the emulation. Please note the sound is not working correctly in Picasso96 modes yet.
AmiKit by Jan Zahurancik and contributors: www.amikit.amiga.sk/
Android app by Lyubomyr Lisen: http://bit.ly/uae4arm-android
Based on open-pandora port by TomB: http://bit.ly/uae4arm-pandora
SDL port by Sergii Pylypenko aka pelya: http://bit.ly/libSDL
You are allowed to use this product only within the laws of your country/region. SharewareOnSale and its staff are not responsible for any illegal activity. We did not develop this product; if you have an issue with this product, contact the developer. This product is offered "as is" without express or implied or any other type of warranty. The description of this product on this page is not a recommendation, endorsement, or review; it is a marketing description, written by the developer. The quality and performance of this product is without guarantee. Download or use at your own risk. If you don't feel comfortable with this product, then don't download it.