(Note: streaming video playing is no longer support from v2.51 )
Yes, it is. desktopCinema is playing your favorite movie as your wall paper!
Because you are a genius and chose to work on a Mac, you probably multi-task at working and playing at the same time. That's why we designed desktopCinema for you!
desktopCinema allows you to play videos on your desktop whether its is stored on your hard drive or streamed from the Internet. Your video replaces your desktop picture/wallpaper, so working and watching at the same time has never been easier. Our clean and simple controls let you easily pause and mute video or audio from the menu bar.
(Note: streaming video playing is no longer working on version v2.51 )
desktopCinema is not limited to just movies, it also supports local video, audio, image and even PDF files!
Display those beautify animated wallpapers or watch your favorite blockbuster while you work—and if the boss shows up, freeze and hide that movie with a simple "Pause Me" click.
desktopCinema, full screen wallpapers to watch and work on!
– support playing of video, audio, picture, PDF as your full screen moving wallpaper. Please read app's tips for detailed file format and codec list;
– can hide video and play audio of a movie only;
– tiny and user friendly menu item control interface;
– app can be paused and resumed, that means instantly recover your original desktop wallpaper or continue your movie play with one click
v2.01 -> v2.03
– fix broken link on feature request
– fix icon's size display too small issue
– change tips' window size for user with lower display resolution
– updated dragonBTV panel
v2.03 -> v2.10
a very important upgrade!
//- more smooth switching to and from pause & resume on URL stream playing
– hide dock icon option added according to user's feature request
– auto start at login menu option added
– more detailed technical support email templet
– more detailed feature request email templet
– updated more by dragonBTV panel
– updated about menu
v2.10 -> v2.20
another very important upgrade according to user's feature request:
-add Fully Customizable Global Hotkey to invoke disappear/resume movie
(hotkey preset to command + control + shift + h)
– more by dragonBTV panel updated, add new app "autoExpire"
v2.20 -> v2.51
– OS 10.6 to OS 10.8 compatible Sandboxed version
– rewrite all deprecated codes
– fix 'full screen movie click and disappear' bug under OS 10.8 Mountain Lion
– fix 'movie do not stop after app quit' bug under OS 10.8 Mountain Lion
(demo movie link is out of date)
Again, Thank you for using desktopCinema!
Los Angeles, California
You are allowed to use this product only within the laws of your country/region. SharewareOnSale and its staff are not responsible for any illegal activity. We did not develop this product; if you have an issue with this product, contact the developer. This product is offered "as is" without express or implied or any other type of warranty. The description of this product on this page is not a recommendation, endorsement, or review; it is a marketing description, written by the developer. The quality and performance of this product is without guarantee. Download or use at your own risk. If you don't feel comfortable with this product, then don't download it.