Scan a barcode on a phone or tablet and the data is sent to the Bluetooth serial port on the host computer. Any application that can open a serial port should be able to access this data.
For the data to be output as keystrokes on a host computer, then the "Firmus Utility Server" must be installed, configured and running on the host computer. This utility will output the data on the host computer as if the barcode was typed in by the user.
Current features include:
- Bluetooth Scanner using SPP (Serial Port Profile) to connect to host computer and transmit scanned barcode
- Customisable data wrappers. Prefixes, suffixes and barcode ids (including AEA ID)
- Continuous scanning supported
- Data link escape character (DLE) prefixes characters with values less than 20hex
- Barcode Scanner (ZXing) or Barcode Scanner+ (Sean Owen) to read barcodes
- Paired host computer that supports Serial Port Profile (SPP) and Serial terminal for Bluetooth COM port
- For keyboard output only - Host computer with FirmusUtilityScannerServer running (can be downloaded from http://www.venaliasolutions.com/FirmusUtility/FirmusUtilityServerSetup.exe
- Bluetooth - Needed in order to manage Bluetooth and connect to host computer
You are allowed to use this product only within the laws of your country/region. SharewareOnSale and its staff are not responsible for any illegal activity. We did not develop this product; if you have an issue with this product, contact the developer. This product is offered "as is" without express or implied or any other type of warranty. The description of this product on this page is not a recommendation, endorsement, or review; it is a marketing description, written by the developer. The quality and performance of this product is without guarantee. Download or use at your own risk. If you don't feel comfortable with this product, then don't download it.