• A powerful search
• Bookmarks, History and Highlighting
• Complete set of medical calculators; Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator and more
• Notes and picture notes
Oxford Specialist Handbooks in End of Life Care
• Illustrates how theory is applied in practice, using case histories of real patients
• Gives appropriate doses of drugs, which is often difficult in renal failure
• A portable, practical, and accessible handbook on a complex group of patients
• Highlights how to facilitate good communication between renal and palliative care teams
• Contains new material on subjects such as peritoneal dialysis, prognostic indicators, a review of the measures of quality of life near death, and tools for managing end of life cases
• Included new chapters on audit and research in kidney end of life care and symptom assessment and trajectories.
Kidney Disease: From advanced disease to bereavement provides guidance to renal and palliative care professionals dealing with patients with advanced kidney disease who are approaching end of life. The book describes the tools used to achieve a good death including advance care planning, symptom control law and ethics, recognising dying, withdrawal of treatment, and a holistic approach to patient care. By using case histories, the book highlights how to facilitate good communication between patients, families and their renal team. There are also chapters on support for carers and bereavement.
Revised and updated this new edition is written in a bullet point style to provide an indispensable guide to day-to-day management of patient care. This pocketbook will be an essential guide for nephrologists, renal nurses, nephrologist trainees, and doctors and nurses working in palliative care.
Authors: Edwina A Brown, Fliss E M Murtagh, and Emma Murphy
MedHand Mobile Libraries offers a SUBSCRIPTION FREE application without edition upgrade. Offering most trusted and well recognized medical guidelines provided by excellent publishers like Oxford University Press, McGraw-Hill, Pharmaceutical Press, Wiley, Elsevier and more.
You are allowed to use this product only within the laws of your country/region. SharewareOnSale and its staff are not responsible for any illegal activity. We did not develop this product; if you have an issue with this product, contact the developer. This product is offered "as is" without express or implied or any other type of warranty. The description of this product on this page is not a recommendation, endorsement, or review; it is a marketing description, written by the developer. The quality and performance of this product is without guarantee. Download or use at your own risk. If you don't feel comfortable with this product, then don't download it.