Special tool for Ford diesel truck with engine 6.0, 6.4 and 7.3 liter
For Mobile and Tablet
1. The car must be OBD-II compliant to use the tool
2. A Bluetooth Adapter ELM327 or compatible
3. The minimum Android OS is : 4.0.3 (IceCreamSandwich)
4. The built-in bluetooth device on the phone(Tablet) must be enabled and paired with the bluetooth OBD-II adapter
* The functionality of Auto detect the OBD-II protocol let's the app to be very easy to use
* Displaying the description of the protocol used in the car
SAE J1850 PWM (Ford)
SAE J1850 VPW (GM)
ISO 9141-2 (Chrysler, European, Asian)
ISO 14320 KWP-2000
ISO CAN 15765 - 11bit, 29 bit, 250Kbaud, 500Kbaud (most models after 2008)
* Ford Diesel 7.3 Litre, 6.0 Litre and 6.4 Litre supports the enhanced PID (221412) MFD (mass fuel desired) to read out the amount of fuel per stroke (milligram per stroke).
* The app calculates the fuel consumption , by knowing the fuel amount (MFD pid in mg/str), the vehiclce speed (Vss Pid in Km/h) and the engine revolution (RPM).
* The app uses 2 equations for MPG calculation for two different types of engine V6 and V8, so the parameter engine type must be set correct to it's type V6 or V8
* Feature Review your route on Google Map with data of MPG(OBDII), speed(OBDII), time and GPS. This feature only works when GPS device on your phone is ON and GPS signal is strong enough (good). The app will store data into SQLite database and then can load back these data point to point with distance between points of about 30 seconds (Unit in Mile or in Km) on Google map. The data stored in database is the integration between GPS location data and OBDII data together
* The app uses SQLite database for storage, therefore the accessing speed and loading speed are very fast and the data capacity also is very large
* All data stored in database will be cleared next time you run the app. To keep these data you should not connect to the OBD adapter or enable the GPS device
* You can see the OBDII Car MPG Demo version for reference more information
How to use :
Once you have the bluetooth OBD-II adapter plugged into the car's OBD-II ports and powered on, you need to connect to the car's system computer via that bluetooth adapter, by pulling down the option menu and select item "Connect to OBD-II Adapter", a dialog window will appears and shows a list of paired devices (one or more devices in the list), each paired device has two information as following:
Name of paired bluetooth device (for example: obdii)
Max address (for example: 77:A6:43:E4:67:F2)
The Max address is used to distinguish two or more bluetooth adapters have the same name.
You must choose your bluetooth OBDII device by select the correct it's name (or it's max address) in the list and click on the item, then the app starts connecting process and autodetects the OBD-II protocol.
If the process finished successfully the protocol description will be displayed near the bottom of the screen and the notification "Connected to OBDII Adapter" will appear on the status bar. (on top of the screen)
* 3 small analog gauges for MFD, VSS, RPM realtime data reading, 1 big analog gauge for showing instant MPG value and a table used to display the average (AVG) MPG, L/100Km, the amount of fuel consumed are in Gallons and in liters
* 2 Odometers calculating distance in Miles and in Kilometers. 1 tripmeter for time since engine start
* A logo indicates Engine type (V6 or V8) , a logo indicate either US Gallon or Imperial (UK) Gallon
Set the engine type to V6 or V8
Set the Fuel type as Gasoline or Exx , set Gallon US or Gallon UK
The result of last work is stored and will be reloaded for next time you run the app. these data will be overwritten automatically when the app stops (finish)
You are allowed to use this product only within the laws of your country/region. SharewareOnSale and its staff are not responsible for any illegal activity. We did not develop this product; if you have an issue with this product, contact the developer. This product is offered "as is" without express or implied or any other type of warranty. The description of this product on this page is not a recommendation, endorsement, or review; it is a marketing description, written by the developer. The quality and performance of this product is without guarantee. Download or use at your own risk. If you don't feel comfortable with this product, then don't download it.