[ newer version of v1.30 is here! ]
As long as plugSHIELD is running, no one can plug and copy anything from your Mac!
Attention: (feed back to user's review), please just disable the app's dock icon from setting(default) to make plugSHIELD can NOT be simply FORCE QUIT either.
Remember how in the movie Iron Man, Stark's girlfriend managed to steal all of the bad guy's data with a flash drive? You may not be up to villainous deeds, but you probably still want your files safe and secure from any potential thieves.
While activated, plugSHIELD will shut down any plug & mount attempts from USB, firewire, memory card and other ports. Your mac will refuse to accept portable devices plugged into it, be it a USB flash drive, an SD card, or a firewire removable hard disk.
Also, as a bonus, you may give your iPod or other device a real quite power charge without iTunes pop out. The device will be power charged only and can be freely plugged or unplugged at anytime.
With the selectable options of beep, alert and file logging, you may use plugSHIELD on either personal or public computers for any kind of legal usage, and as plugSHIELD can record information on the suspicious device and report it back to you, so you can track the thief down.
– refuse plug & mount attempt from flash drive and movable disk;
– protect against unwanted intrusions using mobile storage devices on your mac;
– protects your secrets and privacy;
– refuse with switchable beep sound and pop out alert dialog;
– switchable log option write any attempt to log file, focus your intruder;
– app's quit was password protected;
– dock icon can be hidden;
more features added:
v1.10 -> v1.21
– add option to log detailed Intruder information
– make alert panel refresh rapidly
– minor memory leak fixed
v1.22 -> v1.30
add option according to user's feedback
– add option to bypass password resetting during app's start
– option added: user notification broadcast upon each detected plug attempt
– more beautiful round corner interface
– more by dragonBTV updated
– bug fixed: misprint on dialog
– bug fixed: auto switch input focus during password checking
– bug fixed: recovery partition was reported during auto start
You are allowed to use this product only within the laws of your country/region. SharewareOnSale and its staff are not responsible for any illegal activity. We did not develop this product; if you have an issue with this product, contact the developer. This product is offered "as is" without express or implied or any other type of warranty. The description of this product on this page is not a recommendation, endorsement, or review; it is a marketing description, written by the developer. The quality and performance of this product is without guarantee. Download or use at your own risk. If you don't feel comfortable with this product, then don't download it.