GPS Mapping Co-ordinates, Field Notes & Handbook
– RFS Buddy works anywhere
– The RFS Buddy app does not need wifi or any phone carrier’s reception to work.
– RFS Buddy works directly from the iPhone’s internal GPS.
A handy app to assist Australian volunteer Bushfire Fighters from the NSW Rural Fire Service (RFS). RFS Buddy translates your GPS location into the main RFS MGRS standard, including the LPI Map name and number. Also includes a number of other formats, and a Fire-ground Field Notes feature to record reference points of interest such as hazards, smoke etc.
GPS CO-ORDINATES IN 5 FORMATS
1. RFS Mapping
The Standard MGRS format used to match the RFS maps used in the field. Includes:
– Full RFS Grid Reference (100m).
– Short RFS Grid Reference
– LPI Map Name, Reference Number & Scale
– GPS Accuracy
3. Standard GPS
4. Degrees, Minutes, Seconds
5. Easting Northing
Name and record your current position in a list that (on swipe right) shows all 5 GPS formats.
– Ability to Select Location Reference Type Icon.
– Text to Convert for Location feature.
Convert a Grid Reference into Lat-Long or Lat-Long into Grid easily, quickly and accurately – and immediately check it on the included map for confirmation.
– Share / Publish location to your preferred setting of either State, District or Brigade.
– Saved Locations now expand to show all Lat/Long formats plus map.
RFS FIREFIGHTERS POCKET BOOK
A useful reference tool to always have on hand. This copy has a scrolling menu to easy get to the page you need. Also bookmarks, sharing and printing features included.
You are allowed to use this product only within the laws of your country/region. SharewareOnSale and its staff are not responsible for any illegal activity. We did not develop this product; if you have an issue with this product, contact the developer. This product is offered "as is" without express or implied or any other type of warranty. The description of this product on this page is not a recommendation, endorsement, or review; it is a marketing description, written by the developer. The quality and performance of this product is without guarantee. Download or use at your own risk. If you don't feel comfortable with this product, then don't download it.