This resource maps to the National Curriculum for Key Stage 2, including Year 6, and lower KS3, but may also help older children to consolidate their learning.
For Key Stage 1, see SPaG Bronze.
For Years 3, 4 and 5 only, see SPaG Silver.
SPaG Gold covers grammar, sentences, prefixes and suffixes, spelling and punctuation with lessons and quizzes for each topic, as well as over 250 audio spelling questions and over 40 activities.
SPaG Gold uses nimbl technology to save your notes, pagemarks, activity answers and quiz scores. Quizzes are self-marking for instant feedback, and can be retaken multiple times so your child can improve their scores.
Once you've downloaded the app, you can access all content including audio offline, giving your child the freedom to learn on the go, any time, anywhere.
If you have login details from your school, download the nimbl library application instead.
• Grammar - including parts of speech, prepositions, determiners, modal verbs and simple and continuous tenses.
• Sentences - including main, subordinate and relative clauses, complex phrases, connectives (inc. conjunctions and conjunctive adverbs), passive voice, formal/informal language, direct/reported speech, rhetorical questions and impersonal constructions.
• Prefixes and suffixes - including extended range of word endings.
• Spelling - including homophones, homonyms, synonyms, antonyms and complex vocabulary.
• Punctuation - including speech marks, contractions, apostrophes, semicolons, colons and bullet points, parenthesis and hyphens.
• Mixed practice
St Laurence Catholic Primary School in Cambridge has been test-driving our nimbl app with great success. Pupils used English, Maths and SPaG to help support their work for the Year 6 SATs and complement traditional teaching.
"I have found nimbl very effective at motivating children to revise for their SATs."
Eimear O’Meara, Year 6 teacher at St Laurence
You are allowed to use this product only within the laws of your country/region. SharewareOnSale and its staff are not responsible for any illegal activity. We did not develop this product; if you have an issue with this product, contact the developer. This product is offered "as is" without express or implied or any other type of warranty. The description of this product on this page is not a recommendation, endorsement, or review; it is a marketing description, written by the developer. The quality and performance of this product is without guarantee. Download or use at your own risk. If you don't feel comfortable with this product, then don't download it.